Construction of this project is now underway and the Ichthys Project onshore LNG facilities subcontractors are currently employing.
By registering your interest, your details will be saved on a database and made available to JKC JV and Ichthys subcontractors for consideration during their recruitment process. Should your registration of interest be progressed, the subcontractor will contact you directly.
During the construction phase subcontractors will be recruiting people with a wide range of experience, skills and qualifications. The project’s construction workforce will predominately be based in Darwin.
Please outline any preference/s in your resume and also provide details of your relevant qualifications and licenses.
Thank you for your interest in employment on the Ichthys Project onshore LNG facilities.
What types of roles are available on the Project?
During the construction phase subcontractors will be recruiting people with a wide range of experience, skills and qualifications. Many of these require industry level qualifications such as trade certificates, high risk work licenses and tertiary qualifications, however many roles require no further qualifications.
- Across the life of the Project roles includes engineers, human resources, health and safety, environment, supervision and administration.
- 2012 - Mostly civil roles including, but not limited to, plant operators, labourers, formworkers and carpenters.
- 2013 - Mechanical and electrical work will commence including, but not limited to, welders, electricians, trades assistants, and concretors.
- Trainees and apprentices will be recruited during the life of the Project.
- Project employees must be 18 years or over unless special circumstances can be proven by the employer and an appropriate safety management plan developed.
How can I apply for a job on the construction of the Ichthys Project onshore LNG facilities?
Complete a Registration of Interest form and provide:
- At least 5 years of continuous employment (or education) history
- Details of current qualifications, evidence of underpinning training, high risk work licences, and other licences
- Contact details for references
What happens to my Registration of Interest?
Once submitted your details will be saved on a database which will be made available to all major subcontractors for consideration. If one of the Project subcontractors wishes to consider you for employment they will contact you directly.
What basic skills/certificates do I need?
All positions require a valid OHS Construction Induction Card as a minimum, prior to commencing work on site (you do not need to have this qualification to register your interest).